I know everyone is doing this now, but I really like the idea of reviewing the past year so I thought I’d share some highlights of my year.
– got a MacBook Pro which made editing a dream as my laptop would no longer crash when opening Photoshop.
– done lots of fashion photoshoots, like this one with Rachel below.
– visited Tiree a small Scottish island which was very beautiful. I managed to break my tripod and damage my lens (both are still functional even though I haven’t repaired them yet, maybe something to do in 2013)
– did a photoshoot with an amazing Slovak band the uniques who are currently working on their second album. It was a very fun shoot which involved pouring water on the band members and an encounter with a swan.
– Summer Roadtrip with my parents – Visited all the countries of Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg) and France. Luxembourg was the only one I haven’t been before and I was pleasantly surprised by it, it was beautiful and almost without tourists. Another highlight was taking a self-portrait in Monmartre in front of Sacre Coeur and pretending I was Parisian.
– Bratislava Fashion Weekend and Nightwalk
Did some fun photoshoots in the studio, like the one with Debbie or Graham, trying to get the hang of artificial lighting. I really enjoy working in the studio as it’s warm and it doesn’t rain in there, also there’s various exciting lighting opportunities available, although I still prefer natural light.
– The Kennedy Cupcakes shoot. It was a lot of fun and a great experience shooting this many people. One part of the shoot was in the studio and the other one outdoors, I’ll post pictures of the second part later.
Winter. Went to Milan and Venice with my boyfriend. Went home to Slovakia for holidays, stopped in Prague for a few days and went for a day trip to Vienna to check out some art and have some mulled wine.
Other than that, I’ve been taking a ton of self-portraits which I rather enjoy although I still prefer shooting other people. I’ve done a lot of fashion photoshoots this year have a look at my 2012 Facebook album if you want to see more. For next year I’m planning to continue improving my portfolio and try and do more conceptual work and maybe some art nudes. I already have quite a few photoshoots planned for January and got asked to do some exciting projects so I hope it works out. I’d also like to continue working in the studio and ideally buy some of my own lights so I’d be more self-sufficient. My dream would be to earn enough money for a new camera I desperately need so I need to be more proactive about getting jobs and selling prints. And I’d like to update this blog at least once a week. Speaking of the blog, make sure to have a look at my most popular blog posts below. And don’t forget to share your goals or resolutions for 2013.
- Most Popular Posts of 2o12
- 1 The Poser – Models vs. Real Women 4 COMMENTS June 2012
- 2 Meeting the Green-haired Fairy – Alternative Photoshoot 2 COMMENTS June 2011
- 3 Nicole – the New Miss Scotland 0 COMMENTS May 2012
- 4 Photoshop Beauty, the Media and the Real Women 2 COMMENTS June 2012
- 5 Clockwork Orange 1 COMMENT August 2012